Labels

Thursday, February 10, 2011

PEANUT BUTTER BARS

My granddaughter, Katie, recently made this recipe when I was visiting.  She learned it in her 4-H cooking class. 

Combine and beat with electric mixer until smooth:
        3/4 cup brown sugar
        1 pound confectioner’s sugar (3 3/4 cups)
        1 stick butter melted
        2 cups peanut butter (natural type optional)*
        1 tsp. Vanilla


*I noticed that when I used chunky peanut butter that I needed to use a little extra.  
Dough should hold together when thoroughly mixed.  If it is too crumbly, add a bit more peanut butter.

Press firmly into a 10 x 15-inch jelly roll pan.
 
Top with a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips, melted.
Chill. Cut into squares or strips.

OPTION: For Peanut Butter Cups, press mixture into small or mini muffin tins lined with baking cups, then top with chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment