Labels

Saturday, June 28, 2014

PINEAPPLE ANGEL FOOD CAKE

Found this recipe on Facebook June 2014 from HealtyHappyHelpers.  It is delicious and worth keeping. The one I found had no frosting options, so I tried the whipped cream, and it is fantastic that way.  It is also good without the cream.


*The recipe I found said that Angel Food cake mixes that have two packets instead of one do not work.  I am going to try mixing the two packets together and proceeding that way.  I will post my results. 

RESULTS:  The batter looked okay at first, but when I baked it, it didn't rise like the mix that has just one packet.  It turned out sort of rubbery.  So now you know! (^_^)


Combine and blend with spoon:
       1 box of Angel Food Cake mix*
       1 can(20 ounces) crushed pineapple in its own juice

When you do this, something magical happens. The mixture starts to froth and it turns into an amazingly airy, fluffy bowl of deliciousness right before your eyes.
Pour into a greased 9X13 cake pan and bake at 350o for 
30 minutes.  Serve warm or cold.



TO FROST, cool cake thoroughly.   Spread whipped cream over the top, or cut into pieces and place a dollop of whipped cream on each piece.  


SEE WHIPPED CREAM RECIPE ON THIS BLOG

No comments:

Post a Comment